The EMS Stinger 4424 (Engine Management computer) is programmed in real time via Laptop. It controls both Fuel and Sequential Ignition. The heart of the Stinger is an embedded Motorola Microprocessor, which has proven performance and reliability as in its bigger version “The Dual Sport”.
All systems have a built in map sensor which allows for Barometric pressure compensation (due to changes of weather conditions).
This series embraces the latest electronic technology and utilizes 3D graphs which allows for fine tuning and due to its overall more compact size is cost effective.
The 3D surface graph enables the tuner to get an instant visual representation of the engines fuel and ignition curves. Thus visual feedback quickly shows any erroneous data so tuning becomes faster and safer. The analog style gauges, display real time engine data giving more information at a glance. EMS has an optional Data Logging system that the user can call up at any time.
The powerful Data Logging application will log up to 10 selectable parameters to the laptop, e.g. Rpm, Throttle position, etc. and display them in text or graphical format. After logging, the data can be studied in closer detail to see the engines behavior, during any time period of logging session.
The Stinger ECU is software selectable to allow greater engine adaptability from a V8 to a 4 Cylinder to a rotary to a boat or motorbike.
The variable injector resolution gives you finer injector control and smoother engine performance.
A base map is set up in each ECU and a tuned map can be supplied (upon purchase).
The Stinger can be configured to operate using Throttle position or vacuum load points (11 load points every 500rpm to 12000rpm).
The Stinger will allow you to Data log (optional) on board your laptop with endless memory for your data to be stored and played back anytime.
You can down load or up load at any time from your laptop to disk or straight to your EMS ECU.
EMS recommends you use a Pentium (>150) with Windows 95 capability (or onwards).
Built in Features (Standard with all ECU’s)
- Injector types eg, Multi-Point 1, Multi-Point 2 & Throttle Body
- Anti-Lag, Drag and Rally
- Selectable sensor applications eg
- Magnetic or Hall
- Selectable triggers
- Selectable No. Cylinders
- Selectable Ignition types
- Stage Injection
- Boost Cut
- Rev Limit (Rev Soft)
- Rev Cut
- On Board Map Sensor
Displays current status of engine. ie
- Water temperature in Deg C ( -20 to +235 )
- Air temperature in Deg C ( -20 to +235 )
- Manifold pressure in K.P.A ( -100 to + 155 )
- Engine RPM ( 0 to 12500 )
- Fuel pulse in milliseconds (mS) ( configurable )
- Battery voltage in Volts ( 6.5 to 23 )
- Throttle position in % opening ( 0 to 100 )
- Ignition in Deg. advanced (Static to 51°)
- Built in manifold pressure sensor to measureengine load.
- Barometric pressure compensation. (Autocompensation for different weather conditions and changes in altitude).
- Internal battery voltage sensing and compensation.
- Air temperature sensing (compensation to Fuel or Ignition)
- Water temperature sensing (compensation to Fuel or Ignition)
- Programmable for different Air/Water Sensors.
- Selectable - Hall, magnetic or optical on trigger circuit.
- Selectable - Hall, magnetic or optical on sync circuit.
- Throttle position sensing
- Adjustable ignition timing ( 0 - 51 Deg. Advance in 0.2 Deg. increments).
- Adjustable dwell control ( 0 - 5 mS).
- 4 Ignition outputs for sequential ignition timing.
- 4 injector drivers incorporating 4 to 1 current ratio for injector response and lower power consumption
2 Auxiliary outputs
- Each o/p has 12 options – eg, Boost control, thermo fans,NOS, Tacho, Warning lights, A/conditioning control,Water Methanol Inj., Shift light, Idle control, Cam control (Vtec), Fuel pump control with automatic safety cut out if engine stalls, and many more.
Optional feature - Data Logging to Laptop